Monday, March 07, 2011

Our newest family member!

Let me introduce you to Thoth! He was born in 2003 in Woodburn, Oregon where we adopted him from Craigs list. He has 83,000 miles and seats 9 comfortably. His favorite color is blue. He's never been in the mountains before. (his nickname is "road princess") but he's looking forward to his first trip up Mt.Emily. His family name is Chevy Tahoe.
He's adjusting well to his new home. (he'll fit in the garage just fine as long as we fold his (M)ears in. :)

My love for Thoth grows more and more each day as he so valiantly serves our family's needs. Here are some of my favorite attributes about him.
-The front center console can open up for a 9th seat or fold down for storage area.
-The back can open up two ways- just the window or the whole trunk ( I love using just the window for getting groceries in and out)
-the back row seats easily fold up and out of the way
-We can seat all three carseats side by side and not squish our hands trying to buckle them. There is still plenty of room on either side (unlike the honda!)
*side note. We had 10 inquiries about the honda and sold it to the first person who came to look at it!


Photobucket
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Summer, you are so funny! "Fold his (M)ears." ha ha ha

Holly said...

Haha, that post reminded me of how you would talk about things at the shipyard like they were babies. Remember the big stork (crane lift) picking up the baby somethings--I forgot what they really were, and loading into a ship. You drew a picture of it for me back in the day.
Anyway, I'm glad you got a good car that's better for your family. That's so cool. It looks nice too, and all the little kiddywinks can fit without crowding. I bet they will appreciate that as they get older (and bigger) too.

Kaela said...

Congrats on your new car!! You talk about it with such love and care- so cute and love your language in this post... (m)ears...hahahaaha! So happy for you:)

Ali said...

It must feel incredible! Congratulations!! It looks awesome. I too, love the "m-ears" comment...even though, I'll admit, it took me a bit! (I must be tired)