
Monday, March 07, 2011
Carrying on a tradition
When I moved out, my mom gave me a case that she had kept for me and saved pictures I drew, birthday cards, and school work that I did over the years. It was mostly things from elementary school and younger. I enjoyed looking threw it and reading the little notes my mom wrote on my artwork explaining what I drew and cute things I said as a kid. Lately Ginger has been very curious about all kinds of things and has been saying the cutest things and asking interesting questions that keep me entertained. It's just impossible for me to remember everything and I would like to keep a nice record of those things along with the nice cards and letters that she gets from family. So I decided to carry on the tradition my mom started. I got one of these for Ginger Jack and Gretchen. It's also a nice storage thingy to throw in extra family pictures or pictures of the kids too. I just recently started to print out e-mails that I write to my parents about little stories about the kids and slide that into their dividers. It helps save time in writing everything down. I use each divider to seperate the years. Along with these I also have a journal for each kid. I try to update those regularily. I use thier journals to write what they are interested in and new things they learn and to record funny things they do and say. Once they are old enough to write, then I will hand it off to them and let them continue their journal.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
You need to keep track of all these ideas you have that you are doing with your kiddies. You are going to have plenty of material for a book on how to be the Best Mom In The World. Maybe you and Wendy and Holly can pool your ideas together to create a Resource Book for Moms.
That's a good idea. I've thought of things like that too. I want to keep up with each child so I'm not 40 with my kids grown up and don't know what they did when they were little. It would be fun for them to look back on later too...and for their spouses and kids to look at as well. I love seeing pictures of little Greg when he was a cute kid.
I have a black one like this that I keep all of Kaden's preschool stuff in. I think I am going to have to figure out how to consolidate it at the end of this year but I love your idea of handing it off to them and letting them decide what to keep!! Thanks for sharing!
What a great idea. It would be so hard to choose what goes in there though! I know with Evan, I'm going to have to remind myself that often times, less is more...great ideas! Thanks for sharing.
Oh, and I'm glad you liked the window markers! :) ...and I've been meaning to tell you (i think it was you who asked), the name Tyler Gage is just a name we loved. "Gage" was the name of a boy we both had in nursery back when we served in Orem, UT and we couldn't get enough of him, so his name had a good ring to us:)
Post a Comment