Sunday, August 28, 2011

Our Favorite Campspot!




It is just beautiful here! It's way up high on a mountain. It's a great place to go during the hottest time of the summer. The temperature was perfect all day. There was no afternoon heat we were trying to escape like down in the valley. It was just perfect! The lake was even warm enough to swimming in. We took the kids and floated. We also took the dog on this camping trip for the first time and he did great! no fussing at night.

I just loved the perfect still reflection of the trees on the lake first thing in the morning. So beautiful!! We did not want to leave this place.

It was my brother-in-laws idea to come up here. We normally like to camp by the river, but I'm glad we came here and met up with all the cousins. It was fun to camp with all the family. 11 cousins total. Most of them girls and most of them under the age of 5. They all played so well together. It was a really nice time. I think it'll become a tradition to do a family reunion up here each year.


Photobucket
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to go there! How beautiful and peaceful! The kiddies look cute in their hats. I've been looking for a new wallpaper for my work computer. Your shot of sitting at the lake is perfect. It will help me keep my mind off my work. ha ha ha

Holly said...

That looks so pretty! I would love to go out in the kayaks in the early morning on that lake. It was like that at Alder Lake--I liked going early in the morning while the water was smooth and everybody else was asleep still. It's so peaceful. I love getting away and spending quiet time by the water and the woods too.

Granma Faye said...

That looks like the perfect retreat! I'd love to be there. It's so refreshing and rejuvenating to be surrounded by that natural beauty. And I think it helps us to keep perspective and balance. It's a nice mental break from all the "have to"s of home.

Wendy Jean said...

Oooh! I love your header with the picture and scripture. That is beautiful! I also liked seeing your pictures from camping. I am missing cool weather and green plants and rain. I can't believe how much Gretchen looks like Ginger with her hair cut! I was thinking that just as I read what Ginger said about the same thing. :)

Kaela said...

Gorgeous! I love your new header too!!