Monday, September 05, 2011

I've been Hacked and you're next if you have an iTune account

Just wanted to make a quick post to let you know that someone hacked into my itunes account.  Luckily I caught it before the charges got to my creditcard.  I cancelled my credit card because I could no longer log in to MY OWN itunes account to cancel charges etc.!   I told my dad and he sent me two articles about how apple is having tons of complaints about customers accounts getting hacked into.  It's out of control!

so ..  play it safe and do not save your credit card info on your account or any account for that matter.

A few weeks ago, gmail notified me that someone from the United Kingdom gained access to my e-mail account.

I just got done changing all my passwords to every possible account I have and I deleted all info saved so I'll just have to type it in each time I need it.  

My dad had a good point.  It's easier to type in that info each time than it is to spend hours and days making calls and changing accounts because someone got your info.

Imagine how hassle free life would be if everyone was honest and had integrity.


Photobucket

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you have a Mac, life is so easy. You can download software from the Apps store with a click of a button. And if your computer crashes, you can download all your apps again for free - you already paid for them.

Unless someone hacks your iTunes account. Then say good-bye to your investment in the Apps store.

I guess I'll stick to the free Apps and only buy software on a DVD.

Holly said...

Yeah, that is frustrating. I have a gotten a number of SPAM emails from friends that got their email accounts hacked. Yesterday I got a phone call from a number I didn't know early in the morning. I didn't answer it, so I later when I woke up I looked up the number online to see what state the call was from. I found a page of comments about that call--it's a recorded message that sounds official about your bank. It says your name and your bank and then asks you to put your account number in the phone so they can tell you about recent transactions. It called me back later in the day, so I went through the whole recorded menu so I could say that they were calling a wrong number. When I talked to Greg next he said it called him at work. They called again this morning--a total of 4 calls in less than two days...Anyway, watch out for that scam too. The number that is calling is (866) 750-9107.

Holly said...

Ok, funny story. We called our bank and it turns out this phone call that shows every sign of being fraudulent is for real. The bank lady agreed that we were right for thinking it sounded suspicious, but that agency actually does work with our bank for fraud protection. She called them to make sure it was really that agency trying to contact us and not a scam.

Kaela said...

Thanks for sharing. This is the scary side of technology for sure! Sorry your account got hacked. I will have to look into how I have mine set up. Bleck. I have a ton of passwords set up as autosaved on my computer. No fun!!!