Wednesday, December 14, 2011

I'm proud of my preschool wall. I like to just sit and stare at it. maybe because it's so colorful. :) I like this chore chart deal. I like making it the kids responsibility to get those things done and if they choose to not do it, then it's not my problem...no ticket for them!

They both caught on real quick to this ticket system. I have a prize box/ store that they can turn in their tickets to me and buy stuff. I got all this stuff at the dollar store. Even the gumball machine which is a big hit!



Here is our indoor park. Glen likes to move the cars out and let the kids play in the garage. They love it and Chester loves the attention. Glen makes it fun by having "cheers" time. We started keeping the mini fridge in the garage stocked with fun flavored diet sodas and he loves to give the kids a mini cup of soda and do the "cheers" with them and then back on the bikes they ride. Sometimes I'll bring out a bowl of chips or some snack to make it more special.



Jack and Gretchen are starting to play more and fight less. I love watching them play and hear them giggle together. so cute!....until gretchen decides to bop jack on the head with a toy. ..(hopefully she'll get the idea soon that he doesn't like that. hahahah)


Photobucket
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Granma Faye said...

The store idea is a good motivator, huh? It's fun to earn tickets and "buy" things with them. : ) That's cool Glen is playing with he kids in the garage. They're having a great time and I'm sure you're right: the dog likes getting in on the running and playing, too. Good place to work out the wiggles in the cold weather.

Holly said...

Haha, that poster with bodies and peoples' heads looks funny. What is that about? I like your preschool stuff too. Good idea with the basket and tickets to buy stuff. Discipline and money management along with chores!

Ali said...

Keep sharing your preschool ideas!! I love them. You have a darling little family. I can just imagine how sweet and fun your little school times are. I remember when my sisters and I used to roller skate in the garage when the cars were out- some of my BEST memories!!

Kaela said...

How fun!!! Will you come and make me a preschool wall?! Seriously you and Ali make me feel like a major slacker mom... but I don't feel too guilty, because I do try:) You guys always impress me though with how above and beyond you go! Keep up the good work. I'm sure your kids LOVE it and that that kind of stuff makes motherhood funner and easier- WIN WIN!!