Today we made santa faces (again not my idea) Tomorrow we'll do edible christmas trees. With all these crafts and lessons and just normal day to day care for the kids, I often wonder and dread the day I turn into an "empty nester". Of course there are days that I think it will be really nice to be "free" but just this morning when I was showering I thought to myself, " I would rather rush through my shower to get out and take care of the kids then to have the time to take a long shower and then when I get out, wonder what I'm going to do with the rest of my day. How lonely I will feel when the day comes that I step out of the shower to no one needing me to make them breakfast or solve their little problems or come up with a craft for them to do or take them to the park or teach them little lessons. :(
I think the way to solve this is I'll just have to do preschool for other peoples kids when mine are gone or I'll go work in a school.hmmmm I wonder what the future will bring. or maybe by the time mine are grown, I'll be old and tired and have moved on to something else.???
Do any of you think about stuff like this?...like what you're going to do when your kids don't need you ALL THE TIME?

6 comments:
Your kids are so lucky to have you for their Mom! They're also really cute!
Jack and Ginger look so happy. I want to be there and do all this fun stuff, too! : )
That's funny, because I was just wondering what I'm going to do when I do have kids that need ALL my time. I think this is kind of a weird place in life that I'm in, but I'm making the most of it while I'm here. I'm also enjoying the time to think up lots of ideas to do with my kids when they come. I hope I'm a fun mom too. Jack and Ginger look so cute and happy in those pictures. =)
Ditto to the above comments on their cuteness:) They look quite content. Your posts latest posts I've gotten so excited about. And I've totally had these same thoughts- in fact, just yesterday I was discussing with Jeff how I think once my kids are grown I want to be a teacher instead of a nurse or a photographer. I LOVE teaching...but I know it will be a different story when it's not my own kids...but I still think I'll love it. All this stuff just excites me:)
oh, Cute! I want to do that with Heidi. She would like it because it involves glue!! :)
You should be a teacher Summer!! Well, I'm sure you just want to be a stellar mom, and you are, but if you ran a preschool and I lived close I'd be the first in line to sign my kids up:)
Post a Comment