We just started today doing this and we'll do this every morning after breakfast. We talk about the day the month and we practice saying the date. We also talk about the seasons and weather and chart out the weather. The kids love the velcro and sticking the right sign on the weather sign and the "today, yesturday, tomorrow," signs on. We also sing a song to learn the days of the week. None of this was my own idea. it's all from confessions of a homeschooler which I'm so grateful for her sharing her ideas and how she runs her homeschool.
Here is another idea I got from the same blog. This Chore chart! I'm so excited about it because it will last me as long as I feel the kids need a chore chart. You can order chore cards from amazon or print them off from the homeschooler website (mentioned above) or make your own!
Thanks to photoshop, I decided to make my own. I thought the kids would enjoy seeing themselves on their chore cards demonstrating what the chore is. The thing I like the most about this kind of chart as that it can grow with your kids. I'll just make new cards with new chores as they get older. I also have "good behavior" cards they can get. The "Confessions of a Homeschooler" has all the directions and everything about how this system works if you want more info.

1 comment:
Kudos to you for getting this all done! How do you have the energy being so far along in your pregnancy??!! I'm still trying to find the time to do Evan's calendar board. The blank canvas for it has been sitting around foreeever....I love your chore chart idea too- pics of the kids doing the action?! LOVE IT! Thanks for the inspiration Summer. I hope you continue to share your ideas...oh, and I was going to mention- the whole sensory box idea that you commented on- YES- definitely save them for future years. I'm planning on just emptying out the tupperware into a jumbo ziplock bag, and filling it with the next season of stuff and just storing the off holidays/seasons into jumbo ziplocks for the next year. It's way too much work collecting all the stuff to just throw it out:)
Post a Comment