Monday, March 10, 2014

I love playing "School" with the kids.


 I love doing homeschool in our home- home. It's just a better set up.  Now I got Gretchen and Jack on the band wagon too.




 Here's our routine. I prefer to do school the first part of the day.  So after breakfast the kids get a bit of play time while I clean up. then we start school with the pledge of Allegiance, Scripture reading, Practice Article of Faith, going over the calendar briefly and reviewing our signs and introducing the new "sign of the day".  I thought sign language would help jog Oscars communicating side of the brain.  Then after that, Ginger has ten minutes of journal time and then goes on with the rest of her assignments while the other two rascals work on worksheets.
Then they get a recess time, snack bowl time and back at it.  It's fun.  Now I just need a bell and a whistle!  ;)
I just got this poster today and put it up in the school room.  I love it! Joseph Smith is my Hero!
Photobucket

2 comments:

techia said...

Looks like a wonderful homeschooling set-up!

Abby

Kaela said...

So glad you are home and loving being home. I love seeing all the cool stuff you do with your kids school stuff!!!