It started out sweet. Glen sat Ginger on his lap and starting reading a story and then he read her some poems. We've had these books from the library too long. We're getting sick of reading the same story and stupid poems over and over, so we like to make it up. When glen got to the poems, he started making fun of the poems and saying, "stupid poem, doesn't even ryhme". It was so funny. He was supposed to be reading these sleepy time poems in a sweet soft voice, but they turned into Glen getting all loud and critiquing the poems and making fun of them and using a rough voice. Really, I don't understand these poems. For example:
"Grandfa Grig
had a pig
in a field of clover
piggy died
Grandfa cried
and all the fun was over"
So was this written back in the day when "Grandfa" had pet pigs and when times were tough, he killed the pig to eat it so he was sad? I wonder how some of these poems made it to the publishers. ahhahhaha


3 comments:
That's hilarious. I could totally see Jeff doing something like that. Nutty crazy times. It doesn't matter WHAT you say to the baby, it's all in the TONE, right?
I remember my dad could always do the best voices when he read us books. My mom read us books often, she was a great storyteller too- I think thats the best thing you can do for your kids. And I agree with Ali, its all in the tone:) How funny!
Yeah, sometimes poems are just fun nonsense--like green eggs and ham. Kids love the rhyming words and the sound patterns. An expressive voice really makes it interesting. Reading is so wonderful and there's something magical about hearing a parent's voice. Keep it up. ♥
Post a Comment