It was so fun learning how to put the hair on. I loved seeing how my fabric,stuffing and yarn was coming together to form a real live DOLL! Her face was easy. I just ironed it on the fabric.
This was definately a learning experience. I know to never use the fabric I used to make the apron again. That stuff was such a pain. It frayed really bad. I only got it because it was a $1.00 a yard. (now I know why!) The apron is actually supposed to be twice as long. hahhahah oh well. I don't think Ginger will notice the difference.




9 comments:
You are such a GOOD MOM!!!! I couldn't even think of making a doll as I SEW NOT! But you did great! I can't believe it's almost her birthday! Where has the time gone????????????????
:)R
That is a REAL cute doll. I didn't know your Mom made all of you girls your own dolls- that's ambition. Do you still have one of the dolls she made you? I'd love to see a picture of it too. That just seems so intimidating to me. You are so ambitious Summer- a true inspiration!
That was fun to see, Summer! What's her name? She looks pretty cute. Now don't forget to apply some powder blush to those four little cheekies! hahaha ♥
That's my girl! Summer never ceases to amaze.
What a cute doll!! Cute hair, face, she's just cute! I don't know if I would be brave enought to attempt such a tricky project. I'm sure it will always be Ginger's favorite because of the love that was put into it. Way to go!
Cute! Good job! The iron on face looks like the way to go. My mom made cabbage patch kids for us girls when we were younger and she had my grandma paint the faces. As for me mine would have two little dots for eyes and probably an L for the nose! I have no creative juices flowing when it comes to drawing or painting! :)
That is really neat, Sum!! I was a little shocked to see her naked. :) Good job on the doll. I thought it was funny that you "ironed" on her face. I didn't know there was such a thing.
So cute!! I love it!
VERY good job! Cute Dolly! Ginger is going to love her!!
Post a Comment