Saturday, November 24, 2007

Our Thanksgiving

We really enjoyed Thanksgiving. We had it at Glen's parents house.

Everyone brought a dish and we had plenty! Lots of left overs. Scot (Glen's brother) started working in the kitchen at 6am! He did the Turkey and ham which turned out soo good and tender! All the food was great.

It was fun to have everyone together. Elizabeth's sister, Angela and her family came, along with Dale's brother and his family. It was so fun to them there!
Grandma and Grandpa Chandler sitting in the kitchen having fun feeding Ginger. I think they enjoyed their little quiet time together before joining the rest of us for dinner.
After dinner, we set up for games. We played "BUNGO". I had never heard of it before. It was so fun and so easy learn. We set up three tables. Four people per table which made up two teams per table. Each table has six dice, two note pads and two pencils. The game consists of rounds. In the first round, once the bell is rang, a player from each table takes all the dice and rolls for "ones". Meanwhile, their partner counts up the "ones". They keep rolling the dice until they don't get any "ones". Then they pass the dice to the left and the player of the other team tries for "ones". It keeps going round and round until someone gets 21 "ones" rolled. When that happens, they yell "Bungo". The winners of each table move up a table and the losers of each table move back a table. Then next round starts and then everyone is rolling for 21 "two's". It's a fast, easy and really fun game for a group of 12 or more! The winner in the end gets a prize.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Wendy Jean said...

Fun! The game sounds like fun! I can't believe how many pies you guys had on the table. Yum!!

Kaela said...

Looks like fun! Yummy food too. I love Thanksgiving! Ginger looks like she is thinning out? She looks skinny sitting on her Grandpa's lap.

Ali said...

That does sound like a fun game...thanks for sharing. I'll have to remember that. You guys had LOTS of family there! That's great.

Holly said...

I'm glad you put up those pictures--that looks like a fun night. I don't know if I have any pictures to put up, but if I get a hold of some I will! And that table sure looks good! Is that 7 pies?! So much food! I like having turkey and ham too. We got to have Thanksgiving twice, with the Kelleys and the Bennetts!

Granma Faye said...

So, I wasn't the only one to notice 7 pies on the table! Wow! What a nice big family group. Sounds like you all had a great time. I love that picture of Grandma and Grandpa with Ginger. ♥

Angela said...

We had a really fun time visiting with you guys!! :) It was nice to see you! I'm sorry we didn't see you after Thanksgiving day, we got the flu! Yuck! These are great pictures. I hope you don't mind that I copied them. :)