(This is me trying to put on a happy relaxed face and look as if I'm enjoying myself and in no hurry whatsoever. Ginger was good considering we took her to the ER that night with a fever of 104.5. That story is for another post though)
She perked up when Glen served the cake.
Since we had a meeting to attend later that evening, I did all I could to make sure that her little party wouldn't be rushed. But to no avail, we ended up having a fast 10 minute window to open presents, gulp down the cake and go. Disappointing, but I spose it was for the better. Ginger wasn't up to visiting much anyway. ( I spose I made up for the short party by spending so much time decorating the cake.. . ..)
(Now hurry! Everyone get together and smile and act like we're having a good time!)
Shari made a really good dinner. It was a bunch of vegetables and meat cooked in a pumpkin and Kristi made home-made dinner rolls!





8 comments:
That's too bad Ginger got sick on her birthday. Cute cake, though. And the pumpkin dinner - I bet that was good. What a cool idea.
It doesn't look rushed at all! :)
The dolls are very cute. Last Christmas it took olivia about 2 days to warm up to a new doll that my mom got her.
The cake looks AWESOME! You did such a great job...
Sorry you were sick. We had that here too. I hope you guys are all back to normal!
So cute! You did great on her cake! Looks yummy too. Hope she is over her fever. Maybe she is cutting some new teeth!
:)Rachel
Awe, I think your dolls are adorable...she'll come around! That's so sad that you were both sick- you look AMAZING for being sick!! That birthday cake is incredible too- If I could bottle up just half of your craftiness and skill I would have it made!
Your cake is AMAZING! I don't know if I would have the patience to put that kind of detail on a cake! What a good mommy you are! What a bummer that both of you have gotten sick!! Hope you feel better soon. Great pictures! You'd never know you were sick if you didn't tell us:) Looks like she had a GREAT 1st birthday!
Oh, I'm so sorry Ginger's BD didn't turn out like you hoped. That's crummy. But that Care Bear cake is adorable! You did such a good job with the frosting. I'm sure that took awhile to do. The colors are great! Someday, Ginger will see the pictures and think: "My Mom did that!" ♥
You Look gorgeus in red!! Happy Birthday to your little girl:0!!! I love the idea of the dinner in a pumpkin:0!!! You hav esuch a fun blog site:)
That is funny, Sum - quick everyone smile and act like we're having a good time. :) We've done that kind of stuff before. I laughed about the little doll you made for Ginger. Too bad she was scared of it. It does kind of look like a voodoo doll. ha ha ha!
Post a Comment