Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Best Chocolate Cake eveerrrrrrrrrrrr!

If you want to find yummy recipes like this chocolate cake or butternut bake, visit Rachel's and Melissa's blog and click on their 'recipes' label. Their link is on my sidebar. Lately I've been just going to their blogs to plan my meals. I just see what they fed thier families the previous week and then make the same thing. :) I just made this chocolate sheet cake from scratch. It IS way GOOD! so moist and fluffy and chocolaty. I would even choose this cake over the chocolate cake at the Tea Room in Port Orchard. That's how good it is! MAkes me want to give away all my Betty Crocker cake mixes and stick with making them from scratch.
This is the butternut bake from Melissa's blog. It's almost like a squash pie. We liked it, but it was rich and alot for just us two to eat. I would make it again if I had more people to help us eat it. Tonight I'm going to try out her Bourbon Chicken recipe. I hear it's delicious!
And finally, here is my bread once again..actually, I made this bread using a recipe from Ali's blog. I just altered the measurements so I could make two large normal size loaves. It turned out perfect! Light and fluffy! Because of my pan sizes, it used to make either two really small flatter loaves or one huge awkward loaf, not it's just right for making sandwhiches. IF you want the recipe, just say so in the comments and I'll post it up. Thanks again to Ali for sharing her bread recipe!
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Rachel Berry said...

I told you it was ever so good! Your making me want some right now. I think I just need chocolate.

:)Rachel

Hope your dinner went well tonight.

Ali said...

No Problem! I'm glad you like it, but I have to give the credits to my big sis Viki :) Those other recipes look incredible- I'm going to have to check that blog out...

Gail said...

Yummy - to bad I didn't get a pic of my chicken (but come to think of it, it didn't look all that pretty did it?:)) Oh well. I think I'm going to make Rachel's cake on friday when my sister's here - that way we can die of chocolate overdose together!!

Are You Serious! said...

I haven't tried Rachel's cake yet! But soon. I can't do much of the squash either. It's definately a side dish. :)

Granma Faye said...

Good grief, you guys! How am I supposed to stay on my sensible, practical, way-of-life diet looking at all this good stuff?!! That cake just has my mouth watering and I bet I'd love that butternut bake! Umm...and hot bread fresh outta the oven with butter and honey. Oh my gosh.... I already tried Melissa's enchiladas--with some low-fat substitutions. It was good, although I'm sure it would taste even better full fat! Isn't that always the case? Thanks for sharing, everyone. Hey, Sum, maybe when we come down at Easter you could just have a little something whipped up...ummm, like that cake?
hahaha :) ♥

Granma Faye said...

OK, I just went to look at that cake recipe. Yummy...looks wonderful! I'll have to make it for my office so I can taste it without eating the whole thing at home where there's only two of us....since none of our grown up kiddiwinkers or grand kiddiwinkers live around here! Summer, that cake reminds me of the really good carrot cake (Libby's recipe)that uses baby food carrots. It's so moist, too, and is baked in a sheet pan. Remember? ♥

Holly said...

Yes, I do want that bread recipe. Did you get a different pan? I like making homemade bread but Greg doesn't like it as much because it's a funny size and not good for making sandwiches.

Kaela said...

Yummy! I am trying to get back into full time baking and cooking now that I have my own kitchen:) I will have to try these this week- my mouth watered just looking at them!!