Monday, February 18, 2008
Valentine's Dance
Well, we all felt like we were back in high school getting our group picture at a dance. We went to the stake valentine's dance on Saturday. It was far from what we were expecting. hahahahhaha I think it was a dance for the elderly. It was cute to see all these really old people dancing and enjoying themselves, but we soon got bored. Luckily we saw the Freemans and Sudbrocks. :) We enjoyed the performances..especially the country swing. Glen and I love swing. We used to go to Seattle to go swing dancing.
About 10pm, the Jazz band arrived and played some swing. We had Ginger with us, so we went home shortly after to stick her in bed.
(We almost didn't go because we had Ginger and she's teething once again, but Holly Jackman took her for us as soon as we walked in. Later we saw a bunch of youth standing in a circle ooing over Ginger. Even the guys wanted to hold her. )
So, I changed the background (I'm learning how to use PhotoShop!!) to this photo. They had the place decorated to look like Kristis' Christmas wedding reception. There were snowflakes and trees every where. I thought it would be fun to have a more Valentiny background. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
Good job you! Already playing with your photoshop! :)
Cute pic. We wanted to go but my sister came up for the weekend and there would have been noone to babysit her 4 kids. (although now I think I'm glad we didn't go:) )
Cute comments you gave me, your funny:) - Gail
Oops forgot about that dance. Darn maybe next time.
:)Rachel
That's a cute picture Summer. I like the hearts in the background. You did a good job. Greg likes to do that a little too. I like how you have your hair too. You look cute =)
Our Valentine's plans were canceled because the host of the party got sick. We ended up with 30 extra pink cupcakes and just stayed home. Greg's been reading "The Giver" to me, so that was our fun thing to do.
Oh, you guys look so good! Hey, Sum, you're wearing the pretty heart necklace. Perfect for the occasion! Good job on the background. I never would have known that wasn't what you actually posed in front of. Cool! ♥
You got photoshop:) Congrats! The picture looks great! Looks like it was a great Valentine's Day.
How fun! I would love it if they had an adult dance to go to. I loved being the adult chaperone at the youth dances! How lame am I!?
Looks like you had fun. We were going to go (despite me being sick all the time). I love dressing up and going dancing to those kinds of things. We always went when they had them 3 times a year in Spokane when we lived there. Anyway, Mark got sick, so it didn't happen for us. From what I've heard it was a
success and that is great to hear. This is the first one of these dances they have had here since we've moved here. We got to D & S today and Ethan said "Where's Ginger?" and I got on your blog and Rachel said, "Ginger, Summer, Gen." Thought it was cute.
Post a Comment