Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Our House!!

So we've been busy! Last week Shari watched Ginger for me so I could come help out at the house. Glen put me right to work. He had me paint, calk, install light fixtures and run back and forth to walmart buying lightbulbs. I really enjoyed being there and feeling like part of the "crew". It brought back some nostalgie from when I used to work at the shipyard. I love hands on work and working with others.

They are coming out with better and better light bulbs. We got the energy efficient ones. They used to just have those swirly looking bulbs, but now they have different shapes and they look alot nicer. I found one to go in our exterior light pictured above. It's supposed to look more like a candle shape.
This is our bathroom. I love this tile! Depending on the lighting, the tile and walls can look purply or pinky. I love smooth shiny tile. It will be so easy to mop!
This is our kitchen, dining and entry way tile. We got it for super cheap and we love how it goes with the wall color. It's so exciting to see the floors go in!! We hope to be moving in a month or so!! hurray! no more screaming kids right outside my door, no more community washer and dryers, no more steep steps to carry GInger and groceries up, no more borrowing things because our stuff is in storage; no more sink that is too dang small to wash dishes in; no more cramped kitchen; no more booming base movie going guy from below keeping us up at night! I so can't wait to move!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Rachel Berry said...

How exciting! I love the picture update! It's so fun to see what's going on inside. I am LOVING your pendant lighting in the kitchen. VERY COOL.
I can't believe you will be moving in a month!!! We will miss you in our ward. But I can understand your not loving your apartment life. I would want to get out of there asap as well. Especially with those stairs and being pregnant with a toddler and shopping bags.

:)Rachel

You have to have a party or something so we can come see the house all finished.

Are You Serious! said...

♡ Everything is looking so great! How exciting!!! :)

Carrissa Hellewell said...

Everything looks so nice! How exciting!

Granma Faye said...

I really like seeing all the pictures of the various rooms, Summer. It's especially nice since I don't know when we'll get down to visit and see it in real life. The tile looks great. I think I'd like the smooth surface stuff. No pits and grooves to trap dirt. You're gonna love living in the new place!

Holly said...

Hehe, I like your list of "No More's." I'm sure anybody who's lived in an apartment can feel your excitement! (Including me!) I'm glad you could help and have fun doing that. I like the hands on work too. Especially when it's your own home. You're not doing the job for somebody else, it's for You, so it's even more rewarding to do your best! I'm glad you could find those light bulbs too. That's cool they are making more normal looking ones. The swirly kind look a little funny.