Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Can't Sleep Stage

I'm at the waking up really hungry stage and then not being able to go back to sleep part of the pregnancy. I thought since I feel wide awake, I might as well catch up on everyone's news and post comments. So here I am..2:30am wide awake! I wish I could just sleep when I'm supposed to so I don't need a nap during the day. I would rather get things done than nap during the day.
Last night I couldn't sleep because eversince I found out that my friend Shannon had her baby 5 weeks early, I've felt the nesting instinct come on strong. I stayed awake last night thinking of all the things I need to do before Jack comes. like..buy a newborn outfit for him and diapers, put together hospital bag, re-arrange Ginger's room so Jack will fit in etc. I also want to get some scrapbooking done and stock up on household stuff and make a bunch of casseroles to put in our freezer (that we get next friday).

I've also been craving cheese and milk alot. I've worked hard to steady my weight gain this time 'round, but now the weight is coming on faster and I still have nine weeks left. all that work for nothing. oh well. I spose eating cheese sandwiches at 2 in the morning doesn't help.

sorry this is a boring post..it's just that there is no one awake to talk to . though...now that I think of it.. I should have someone to talk to. many of you out there are pregnant. so, is it just me with the sleep problem?

7 comments:

Rachel Berry said...

Well I'm not pregnant (thankgoodness) but I remember waking all the time near the end. But I would always suffer it out and stay in bed just toss and turn... I should have got up and had a snack like you. Such a smart girl you are! Hope you get everything done that you need to. I can't believe only 60 days left!

Angela said...

I am sorry that you are having trouble sleeping. That is tough. I love all your new posts. I especially love Ginger's pigtails, so adorable!

Ali said...

Ooh, I heard it gets pretty bad in the last weeks...not looking forward to it. I'm still in the sleep deep with crazy dreams stage and waking up occasionaly for the bathroom :) I'm sure you're missing that stage right now. After reading your post, I'm going to enjoy it even more...although cheese sandwiches in the middle of the night don't sound too bad. I love cheese :)

Granma Faye said...

Don't worry about weight gain at this stage. The baby's really maturing and putting weight on, too. So....enjoy the midnight or 2 a.m. snacks and try to get extra rest. You're doing great, Sum. You do ALOT! ♥

Holly said...

Sorry about your sleeping problem. Sometimes that happens to me too--except I'm not pregnant. Hehehe!

Kaela said...

Hope you are getting more sleep! Viki has said she is having similar problems getting sleep. I was lucky when I was pregnant with Kaden to not experience to much of that. Good luck!!! {I gained 50 pounds with Kaden and luckily had no problem losing it- I say live it up with those cravings:)}

Dave, Arielle, Grayson and Ashlynn said...

You only have 9 weeks left- where did the time go?:) Sorry to hear that you can't sleep- I HATE that about pregnancy- I thought it was the worst part!