Monday, October 27, 2008

I'm a 2 !

My due date is November 16th, but last wednesday (the day I decided to stop teaching spin until January) at my doctors appointment, I was dilated to a 2. That made my day! I really don't want to be overdue with this one like I was with Ginger. I've also been having alot of braxton hicks contractions.
The good thing is that the baby has definatley dropped which has improved the whole heart burn thing and now I can sleep a little better.
So, when do you think I'll actually have the baby? I'm guessing November 7th. (actually, that's when I would like to have the baby so my sister can see it before she flies back to Texas.)

I go in for another appointment this thursday. I'm anxious to see if I've dilated any further.

(the funny thing is that Glen wants me to take it real easy and not do much, but the other day he took me up in the mountains on a really bumpy ride. hahahhahaha)

9 comments:

Holly said...

Haha, that's funny that you went up on a really bumpy ride. Isn't that the kind of thing that makes your body start going into labor? My sister-in-law started going on a lot of motorcycle rides when she wanted to go into labor. I forgot if it worked or not. That would be fun if we did get to see the baby!

Dave, Arielle, Grayson and Ashlynn said...

That's great news that the baby might come sooner- how exciting!! Can't wait to hear the news and see some pics!!

Ali said...

Wow- that would be perfect timing wouldn't it?! It's probably cause you are super active and it seems you haven't let this pregnancy slow you down at ALL...you're my hero :) Whenever you go, if it be tomorrow or in a week still- good luck! I cant wait to see the addition and hear the arrival story!

Rachel Berry said...

When I was pregnant with Parker (my 2nd) I was dialated to a 6 for over a week and not in labor.
I had to beg my DR. to induce and then I finally had my 8lb 12oz ham!!!
Congrats on the dialation he'll be here before you know it.

:)Rachel

Kristi said...

Yeah - I was at a 4-5 for a month with Ty (my 4th) and then he ended up being 2 weeks late and 10lb 4 oz. But then with Kenzie (my 6th) I was a 2 and ended up having her 10 days early - I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
Oh - and I tagged you (check out my blog)!

Are You Serious! said...

♥ Yay! :)

I hope everything goes well!!!

Granma Faye said...

Ugh...how could you stand riding over all those bumps? I remember when I was 9 months pregnant it was a big deal hitting a bump on just the regular paved road! I guess I'm just a whimp...or you're really tough! Yay for already being at 2 cm.

It would be nice to have the baby so both Holly and Wendy could see him before they go back home. I'm just dying to know what name you'll finally end up with for him :) ♥

Kaela said...

Holy cow! Congrats:) That really is exciting. Good luck with whatever comes next, be it waiting, or progressing. I didn't make any progress down there until a week after my delivery date and luckily I had Kaden within the next twelve hours.

Unknown said...

I am guessing you have it tomorrow the 17th!!! That is my birthday so that is my guess/wish!!