Sunday, October 26, 2008

preparing for halloween!

So I found a clown pattern at Walmart that claimed to take only 2 hours to make. I decided to go with it since I waited till the week of our party to figure out what our costumes would be. Well, that was not a 2 hour project! It was an all day deal when you take into account the time to wash the fabric, iron it, cut out the pattern and then cut out the fabric and then figure out the directions and actually make it! oh well, I'm happy with the way it turned out. This is why I haven't been blogging lately. I also sewed a clown costume for me and Glen which I'll post up later. I was able to make the second costume a little faster and the last one even faster because by then I came up with some little short cut tricks and had the whole thing memorized.

I love the ruffles. It was so fun to pick out fabric. They had some real good picks on the sale rack at Walmart.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Teija said...

LOVE the costume, it is so cute!! You are quite the seamstress! How was the party friday night, sorry we missed it! Hope you had fun!POst some pictures when you get a chance

Dave, Arielle, Grayson and Ashlynn said...

Adorable- you did a Great job!!

Wendy Jean said...

That costume is cute! It looks like the same one I used for Max when he was little. It was fun to make and dress him in it. Good job!

Holly said...

Cute! That's like Wendy's clown costumes! I remember she thought it was cute to put a little heart on the seat of her costume. I forgot if she did that for Dustin's. (like how the carebears have a heart on the back) I like the fabric. It would be fun to pick out for that project!

Ali said...

SO festive, so cute....and SUPER ambitious. Way to go! You think you'll be able to wear your clown costume at the hospital if you're in labor then? :)

Are You Serious! said...

♥ Cute! :)

Granma Faye said...

THAT is adorable! Such a cute outfit on such a cute girl. ♥

Kaela said...

Really, really cute!! I am excited to see pictures of you and Glen too. You are such an inspirational seamstress:) Ginger is just too, too cute!!!