After talking to my mom about how she got us girls potty trained, I went to walmart and found the Drink and Wet doll. I got the cheapo one. They have up to 50 dollars! They even have a doll that goes #2!
I decided I was ready to be serious about potty training Ginger now that I have two to change diapers for.
So far so good! Ginger goes potty and I give her a sticker for her chart. I first started giving her m&ms to encourage her to want to go. We used the doll the first day and that helped Ginger become aware of when she was going.
She knows to go if she isn't wearing any bottoms, but if she wears a pull-up, I have to tell her to go.
The funny thing is that she went potty on her own...but it was in the dolly's potty chair,not hers! haahhah of course it spilled over, but I couldn't get upset with her since she really did go..in a potty chair.



9 comments:
Sweet little girl. She's gettin' the hang of it. Nice chart, Sum. I bet she likes being able to put a sticker on there. Does she earn anything great with the stickers? ♥
Oh yeah, and that's hilarious about her using the dolly's potty chair! That must have been a trick! She probably thought: How am I 'sposed to sit on that thang? : )
Hahahaha! That's funny that she went potty in the doll chair. I remember somebody in our ward in Bremerton would give their child money when he went potty. He got a $5 because he went #2. (He was kind of old to not be potty trained yet.) I like the sticker chart. I think that's a good incentive. I heard that it's not good to reward kids with food...but sometimes getting a treat really is like a reward even if you don't mean it to. Anyway, I'm glad the potty training is coming along. =)
Way to go- I think I need to come up with a more aggressive potty training plan. Our potty training got put on hold because I have to make sure a little toy he swallowed comes out in his diaper and I don't want to try to find it in the toilet :(
♥ Good luck with the potty training. I never had much luck until the were almost 3. And I totally get the 2 in diapers well I even get the 3 in diapers at the same time! :)
Oh, eeeeuuuuww, Kaela! That reminds me of the guy that swallowed his bridge. It was worth the effort for him to retrieve it because to replace it would have cost around $3000. How he swallowed something as big a dental bridge without catching it first I'll never know! I can kinda see swallowing a crown accidentally. Good grief! Well..good luck, Kaela. ♥
Are you kidding? A doll that goes #2?? Sick! I'm glad you got the basic cheap one :) Congrats on the updated success! -even if it did spill all over :) Too funny.
Haha, Remember that frog thing about going potty? I think it was Kandoo, and I colored the chart and we stuck it up in the bathroom before my date came over. Hahahhaah!
Oh I am slightly envious because I bought Shanna the same potty chair ages ago, because she would insist to be changed everytime she went just a tiny bit. Which gets awfully expensive after awhile! I think shes so ready but she just won't go. We have sat hours on the chair with no results...So I have resigned myself to waiting until she asks me:) I don't have 2 diapers to change, so its not too bad yet :)
Post a Comment