Wednesday, December 31, 2008

I had an ear ache which turned into...


Losing my hearing in my right ear!

It's kind of funny to me. I used to always wish that I was hard of hearing or could turn my hearing off and on as I pleased. ..like...when I don't want to hear someone chewing like a cow or when I want to take a nap and want it quiet or when I don't want to hear the neighbors music. I've always had really good hearing..sometimes too good

So, Last monday (before Christmas) I had an ear ache. I thought I might be getting an ear infection. Then, Tuesday night we were watching a movie on the computer and when Glen turned the volume up, my ears really hurt, so I turned it back down. THEN, 4 am the following morning, I had loud ringing in my right ear and sometimes in my left ear. I also had really bad virtigo and could no longer hear out of my right ear. I would just about fall down when I would wake up to nurse Jack. Wednesday morning I went to the doctor and he said my ear drum was bent ..like it needed to be popped and so he prescribed sudafed. I took sudafed for a few days. I no longer have virtigo, but I'm still deaf in one ear and get chimes or ringing off and on. It's been a week now and I'm wondering what's going on. Has this ever happened to you?
Glen gave me a blessing last night and said that I would be healed, but not in a way I would expect. What does that mean? I guess I'll have to wait and see.
I'm hoping to see the ear specialist next week.
Last night I started thinking about what would happen if I lost my hearing permanetly in both ears. I would never hear Ginger's sweet little voice again or how she talks so cutely. I wouldn't be able to just call my sister up and talk on the phone. I wouldn't hear Jack when he cries to be nursed or hear the voices of my other loved ones ever again. That is so hard for me to imagine how much my life would change if I lost my hearing completely. Already, with one ear deaf, I get thrown off by sounds. It's a weird feeling. I guess sometimes you have to have something taken away before you realize how much you really need it or appreciate it.

Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Are You Serious! said...

♥ I hope everything heals up for you!

Ali said...

Oh wow, I'm so sorry! That is pretty crazy. I hope you can see a specialist soon too. Sometimes my ear rings and it freaks me out a little, but it happens so little and goes away after a while I don't worry about it too much-I can't imagine being bombarded with this all of a sudden! I will keep you in my prayers...

Holly said...

Yeah, Greg and I will add you to our nightly prayers when we remember our friends who are sick or having trouble. I feel kind of comforted by the blessing...it will be ok in the end, even if we don't know how right now.

Granma Faye said...

Just thought I'd check for any update and lo!...look at that beautiful new header! I like it, Sum! Looks really good with all the updated pictures and pretty snowflakes. Perfect for after Christmas. ♥

The Muries said...

Wow you will have to let me know if you need anything and how it all turns out.

Granma Faye said...

Nice update, Summer, on your side bar. I love that Portland Temple. Such beautiful architecture and gleaming white! Also, good reminders from both President Hinckley and President Monson. ♥

Kaela said...

Wowzers Sum-Sum!! Your blog looks great!! I am so sorry for your ear! I wish I knew more about ears or had some piece of helpful information for you. I guess I too will add you to my prayers- hope you are hearing clearly again soon!

Carrissa Hellewell said...

Wow, yeah, you take for granted what you have that it sometimes takes a little situation like yours to realize how blessed we really are. Jack is absolutely the cutest! Glad to hear that you are all doing well and that your Christmas was good.

Angela said...

How scary! Ear aches can be so painful!! I hope you get your hearing totally back!! I love your new header too! Cute!