I went to the ear specialist to find out about the blood vein thing in my head and it turns out that it just may have caused my hearing loss. The nurse accidentally wrote down that I lost hearing in my left ear instead of my right ear, so when I went in yesturday and had to correct them on that, they realized that the blood vein in my head is pressing up against some nerves around my ear which is known to cause hearing loss (I forgot the name for that). They noticed the vein because it's not supposed to be there. To fix it, they would do a small surgery and just move the vein out of the way.
The doctors aren't sure if this is really the cause or not, so they have to pass my info on to a specialist above my specialist to do more studying.
I was glad to find this out. Even though they aren't sure this is the cause, it makes the most sense and gives me some piece of mind to know it isn't anything really serious or anything I have to deal with immediatly. Though, if this is really why I lost my hearing, I'm not in a hurry to have surgery on my head. With my luck, a problem would arise from having the surgery ..like over swelling or something and then I would have to take medicine with super bad side effects to make it better and then that would make it so I would have to borrow Teija pump again which would probably break because it would be the third time borrowing it and then Jack probably wouldn't go back to breast feeding because it would be the third time switching him back and forth meanwhile I would get sick from the side effects and then I would probably die.... all for what? ...getting the other half of my hearing back because I'm not grateful enough for getting at least half of it from losing all of it. ...okay I know I know..a little exageration. (those who know me well, know that in my younger years (like around age 9 and 10) I would get worried about something and then dream up a whole senerio and then start crying over somthing that didn't even exist or take place hahhahhahhhahah (remember Holly, "what if, what if, what if ?? wha wha wha!"))
5 comments:
♥ Definately good news then and there are options! You crack me up with your what if's! :)
The whole time I was reading that I was thinking about your "what ifs" That is so funny. Im sorry youre going through all this Summer! It doesnt sound like much fun! Jack and Ginger are adorable by the way! Her pigtails are sinkin cute!!
HAhahahhahhahahahah! Yes, I can just imagine you saying all that. You're so funny. I'm glad they are getting an idea about what the problem is. I'm sorry you're having so many crummy things to deal with. I feel like I've been a big baby--sad because I've been lonely and not had a lot of work to do for the business...I guess I don't have it so bad after all. Well, it seems like they could just push really hard on the side of your head and kind of move the vein under the skin. How stupid that they would have to have a whole big surgery to just go, "Dink!" and move the vein over a little. I also imagined you shaking your head really hard to the other side and making the vein slide back over to where it's supposed to be. It moved there by itself, so it shouldn't be that hard to make it move back, right?
Man- your not exaggerating- that is scary to have a surgery in the head region:) I bet everything will go soo smoothly and you will be thankful to have your whoel hearing back:) I am sooo glad that they may have found out what went wrong with your hearing- it's nice to have a feeling over control over things liek that!
That is terrible news. Its good that you can remain somewhat optimistic though. I hope the problem gets resolved without any problem. I will say extra prayers for you and your family. I hope things are all well despite this news.
Post a Comment