so, I had the MRI scan and they didn't find anything that had to do with my ear, however they found some abnormalty with a vein. So, I have to go in this week to learn what that is about. I don't think it's anything serious since they didn't make me go in last week.
So, it's up in the air about what caused this sudden hearing loss. It's frustrating and now I'm paranoid when my other ear starts to ache. I fear that I'll lose the hearing in that ear as well.
I went in last week to do more testing. The good news is that I got to stop taking the miserable medicine. The bad news is that the medicine wasn't doing me any good anymore. It did help a some, but I didn't get all my hearing back like the doctor predicted.
My mom knows someone who had the same sudden loss with no prognosis and she ended up getting all her hearing back in three months, so there is hope.
Sometimes I'm not so sure I want it all back. Mostly for night time though. It is nice like Marge said to be able to put the good ear down on the pillow so you don't hear your spouse snoring. :) I have to admit, I'm getting better sleep. Jack's cries are muffled. It's like I have an ear plug in my ear without the discomfort of a plug. :)
6 comments:
♥ I hope that you get it back! At least you're looking at the positive right now! Joe snores terribly if he doesn't have his c-pap machine on and I couldn't live without that machine!!! :)
I'm glad to see the update. I was wondering if you got to stop that medicine yet. We keep praying for you that you'll be ok and hopefully get your hearing back.
Thanks for the update- I too admire you for looking on the bright side. I hope you get your hearing back too- maybe just not the super duper hearing that almost bugs you:) Until then, enjoy your good sleep!!! Paul snores too which makes falling asleep really hard when he goes to bed before me.
Only you could think of something soo positive out of something that I am sure is scaring you- you are such a strong and amazing woman and you make me realize that there is always something positive out of something that seems like a negative- Thanks- I bet you are like that woman who lost her hearing but got it all back:)
Well hopefully it all returns soon. Although you are right there would be some definate possitives to it.
Hope your hearing returns fully soon.
Nice house plan. You are so talented.
are you going to be sewing? if so where is the dedicated sewing area?
I have always liked the U shape kitchen, if it were me I would put the cook top on the opposite side.
You have a full view of dining and living room while cooking and that is important with young children,also the seated bar is a good place for children to do homework or activities leaving the table open for dining without picking up a mess in middle of project.
Post a Comment