Every Sunday has just kind of dragged on and Glen has complained that he felt like he was just waiting for church to start (we have afternoon session). So, because of that we started a new tradition to making sundays something for all of us to look forward to.
We start with a big breakfast. Waffles, huckleberry pancakes or french toast etc. Then we have some kind of activity or craft that we do as a family. Some times we go on drives if it's nice out.
One Sunday we made puppets. A lion puppet and a snake puppet (out of an old sock). Ginger loved it and we had lots of fun "feeding" the puppets choc. chips.
We had lots of fun flying it in the house too and laughed hysterically as it would almost crash into Scot's new Flat Screen TV. But here is where it ended up...caught in the ceiling fan and it is still there to this day. hahahahahh





5 comments:
Hahaha! That's funny. Can't Glen reach the airplane? Hahahaha! That looks like a cool plane. Did he just make it up or was something you bought?
Ginger looks so cute sitting in the chair in her diaper. hehehe, I want to squish her little leg!
Haha, I just noticed how the sock puppet goes all the way up to Ginger's armpit. Haha, that just seemed funny to me. Kind of reminds me of the picture of you when you were little, wearing Dad's socks and they go all the way up to your diaper.
Those are good ideas. I'm feeling kind of the same way with our church starting at 1 p.m. I think I might set up stations with different activities that the kids rotate through. Each station being 10 minutes long. It will take some planning but it will make the morning go a little quicker!
That plane is an original Chandler creation, Holly! Looks pretty good, Glen, and it flies! The pilot just needs help. Funny it got stuck in the fan! : ) One of these days Glen will be busy showing Jack how to make a plane. Ginger looks like she enjoyed it. The puppets look fun. You're a good Mom to think of how to make Sundays fun for kids. That's a tough challenge. I know Dad and I didn't do so well with that. We just took a nap and let you do quiet whatever stuff. ♥
Sounds like such a great Sunday plan!! We would always be so lethargic all morning when we had church at 1pm. ...sleep in, eat a big breakfast, read the paper, and get ready slowly... I wish we would have made better use of our time like you!!!
Post a Comment