For a little history, growing up, my family was never into animals. most of the pets we ever had were in cages. We did have a dog here and there but never for a long time. Our first one was named Happy and it threw up in the car on our way to get rid of it. I was too small to remember Happy. Then, our next dog, Sheba stayed with us for maybe a year. We had to get rid of her because she had back problems going up the steep stairs to our deck. The third and last dog we had was my moms' dog. That dog had the worst breath ever and a finger for a tail. IT was a little schnowzer (don't know how to spell it) and barked at everything so we got it a shock collar. We finally got rid of it because everyone hated it. hahahh (sorry mom). My poor mom was the only one that loved the dog.
So here I am married to a "dog lover". hahhahh Yeah, Kiah was cute, but that's it. She's been so annoying the whole time I've known that dog. WEll, I feel the story is changing now. I never thought I'ld see the day when I would actually like that dog. Kiah is grown up now, and she still stinks if she misses a bath, but I have to admit I think I'm starting to like her. ...maybe because I see how much Ginger likes her.
The End




6 comments:
Hahaaha! That's funny Summer. Ginger really does look like she likes the dog. Kids don't think of the same things you do. Ginger doesn't notice the dog's breath, or the dog shedding on the couch. Haha! Jazzy hated getting a bath. She looked so funny and miserable when Mom would soak her down and scrub her with soap. Hahah! Kiah has that same look. I don't understand, because don't dogs love jumping in the water and playing, like at a lake? So what's the difference? Anyway, Ginger looks super cute in the last picture when she turned around. I love her little pink clothes with those pink shoes. Cute!
The spelling for my little Jazzy is: Schnauzer. She was a sweet little girl! So there! The barking could get annoying but otherwise she was a good dog. When I had my shoulder surgery and was miserable laying on my bed, she kept me company and was very comforting. I want another dog someday when I'm not at work all the time. A gentle, well-behaved dog and children go together. : ) ♥
Oh, yeah, I forgot: that "finger" tail is a "docked" tail, that gives the traditional look of the schnauzer. You should go look at schnauzer puppies. They're the absolute cutest!
There's nothing cute about a dog whose tail sticks up. (Ewe!)
Dogs belong in the forest with all the other beasts.
Don't expect me to get all buddy-buddy with that animal.
Is Ginger ever not cute?
I am so on the fence about dogs. I feel like I am a dog person (definitely more than a cat person!), but hate the hair, the dog breath, the dog smell, cleaning up after them, etc. etc. They really do have SO many redeeming qualities though and I always wanted one growing up. I just don't want more work, so I hope I won't be too tempted until Kaden begs me for a dog and I can use it to teach him responsibility. Whew! So glad you like the dog and Ginger looks absolutely adorable in this picture!!
♥ I'm not much of an animal lover either and I'm not sure I ever will be but my kids LOVE animals and I feel bad about that part! :)
Post a Comment