Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Just us!

This is the same lake that I posted a few months ago where people go ice fishing. IT was fun to see it all thawed out!
Glen took his boat out for the first time on saturday and it didn't sink! It was such a nice day! He left 6am to go sink worms with a friend. I came out later with the kids and some KFC to meet them there along with my friend and her kids.
This past weekend, we felt like were were on vacation. Scot went out of town and we had the house to ourselves! IT was great and we didn't want the weekend to end!!! Sharing a house is getting very ollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllld! !!! There are alot of other things you have to share when sharing a house and having this weekend to ourselves just made us feel that much more anxious to be in our own place.
I just try to keep in mind that what we are doing is going to help us in the long run and that it is worth it even though it isn't nice or always pleasant. I have alot to be grateful for but sometimes it's hard to remember when you have "one of those days!".
We went for a sunday drive and found a place that made us feel like were among ancient ruins. Glen told me I should post this picture and say that we went to visit the ancient Aztec ruins. hahh
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Wendy Jean said...

cute picture of you and Jack. that place looks neat. I'm glad you guys could enjoy a weekend without Scott - your own little getaway!

Are You Serious! said...

♥ Cute pictures! :)

Granma Faye said...

The weather looks sooo nice. Yeah, that place looks interesting. We should go there when we're down again. Also, in September, it would be nice to go to that hot springs where we went a year or so ago. The water temp was so perfect.

Cute picture of you and Jack. Nice get away to be outdoors. ♥

The Muries said...

Those are such cute pictures! Where did you guys end up at? I totally understand the sharing the house thing, I did that once for a couple months while we were working on ours.

Holly said...

That's so nice you can have the boat and go out for a nice day. I wonder what those ruins are. You look pretty in that picture...it looks like a picture for a magazine. =)

Kaela said...

Will you guys be in your own house by next year? I agree that there is NOTHING like having your own space, no matter how much you like the people living with you:) Looks like you guys had a really fun outing with beautiful surroundings!