My dad showed me how he makes his super good hamburgers (he adds barbique sauce, oatmeal and an egg) and my mom loved doing Ginger's hair each mornging. (This is the first time Ginger has had braids..her hair is finally long enough for them)
The first thing we all did was ride the mini train in Port Orchard. It runs every saturday and is free to the public. One ride lasts about ten minutes so we went a couple times. I thought it was really fun. I would have loved to ride it all day.
During the week we played a really fun game called Quidller. If you like scrabble, you'll love quiddler.
The last thing we did was go to the game farm up in Sequim. We ate at the Lavendar farm where they served lavendar lemonade and some very unique dishes. The Game Farm was fun. We would put bread in the window and let the animals come up and eat it from the window. (we had to go through the car wash afterwards.) The farm looked a little run down though and the animals looked thirsty and lethargic. We both thought they were letting the place go with all the overgrown thistles. It wasn't quite as well maintained as had been years ago when I went.
Going there though makes me now want to go visit Wildlife Safari in Oregon. My aunt told me about it and it sounds really neat...again a place where you stay in your car and drive though acres of wildlife. There they really try to keep the animals wild. You can't feed them like you can in Sequim.
The two weeks was fun and as always went too fast. I miss walking with my mom in the mornings at the Cold Creek Trails and around the lake.
( at the cold creek trails they had a single bathroom that was closed up because some dork went in and shot the place with a million paint balls! So that left us searching for a spot along the trail to go inbetween other walkers or bikers passing us. We never got caught with our pants down but there were definately some close calls! hahahahh)





6 comments:
We miss you and Dancing Ginger and Hollerin Jack!
Nice picture summary of everything, Summer! I love seeing all the snapshots and being reminded of the fun stuff we did. Love that little Ginger's hair and how cute it looks all done up.
That's the Clear Creek Trail and it's so great for walking a couple of miles...minus a usable restroom. Thank goodness for bushes but it was feeling very risky!! and ya had to watch out for lots of blackberry stickers. Ooo, ooo, ouch! : ) ♥
That's so cute! Those pictures of Mom doing Ginger's hair. I'm Ginger looks happy. Haha, I remember Mom used to pull my hair back so tight, or she would dig the clip in my head. Hahahhaa!
All those pictures--it looks like you guys did a lot of fun stuff! (Isn't that cute that Ginger crossed her legs while sitting at Grandma's? Did you teach her to do that?) Jack looks like a doll in Dad's hands =)
That's funny about you having to go potty on the trail. I hate trying to hide behind a bush. It doesn't work very well for girls to do that.
I loved the Cold Creek place too. That's the one where you could walk around in the mansion too, right? I can't imagine having lots of money like that.
Do you remember when the buffalo licked Wendy's window at that wild animal place? That was funny!
No bathroom?! That must have been torture seeing as how you are NOW PREGO!! I just learned today - congratulations! You are one brave woman! I can't wait to find out which will be the tie breaker- boy or girl?! I love the way Ginger is crossing her legs sitting on the bed in that picture- she's such a lady!
That train ride does look fun! It all does- looks like it was a great trip:) I love Ginger's braids- I don't know how everyone seems to manage to do little girls hair so well. I've tried and can't:( Maybe that is why I don't have any- Heavenly Father doesn't trust me to make them look cute and do their hair- ahahaha!!
♥ That looks like a blast! nothing better than being with family! :)
Post a Comment