Monday, August 31, 2009

" Give me a break!"

Ever watch John Walsh do the "Give me a break" story on 20/20?

Okay, so I would love to get this sign and post it on our house!
so here is the story!

We have had four neighbors on different occasions tell us that they've seen this black guy on a bike park his bike in our garage and snoop around in the dark, scoping the place out and take off with some pop cans. We have actually met this black guy and have all seen him circling our neighborhood in the late evening. Glen and Scot met him a couple months ago and figured he was harmless, but now that he keeps coming back to our house and going in it and being all snoopy and suspicious acting in the late late evenings, we are getting pretty annoyed and wondering what he's really up to. soooooooo

Glen called the "non-emergency"cops to report suspicious behavior and told the cop he can supple four witnesses to this behavior so the cop came by and took his report and then refused to go to where the guy lives and talk to him and of course wasn't interested in meeting any of these witnesses. The guy lives just down the road in the trailer park! NEWS TO ME ! I guess it is not against the law for someone to come onto your property, enter a part of your house and then remove items from your property in the middle of the night and do it repeatedly! grrr!! The stupid cop told Glen to call them when the guy is in action and actually causing harm. What a load of crap! It takes 2 hours for the retareded cop to get here! doesn't the cop realize that since this creep is doing all this late at night, that he is obviously up to no good! So, I guess if he breaks through the locks, then it's our fault for not putting a stronger lock system in.

The cop told Glen he needs to confront the guy himself. What good is that going to do if the cops aren't willing to back us up on this?

Please, tell me what you would do in this situation. oh, and after the kids wake up from naps, I will be going to walfart to look for some intimidating "No Trespassing" signs to post up on our house for the idiots that think they can enter in and scout out the place.



Photobucket
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Holly said...

Gosh, that is really annoying! I would definitely post that sign. You need to get some big scary dogs to guard the place. I would want to talk to a different cop about it too, because it could just be that the cop is lazy and doesn't feel like doing anything about it, but another cop would. I will ask my friend (the police chief) what he would do or what you should expect the police to do for you. We call the cops every once in awhile just because someone is driving around on our property after 9pm and they always come pretty fast, and if they get there in time they will question the person and scare them off. If you have witnesses that the guy is going inside your house you should be able to do something about it.
(When we come visit I want to camp overnight in your house with Greg and his BIG knife and maybe a couple guns. If that guy comes around we'll jump out and scare him! hahahah! Maybe we can tie him up and call the police to prove it to that cop.)

Anonymous said...

You have a video camera that I believe takes video in the dark. Use it. Be sure to post a sign outside the door warning that there is a surveillance system. Don't set yourself up to be sued for using the criminal's image without his permission.

Entering a house without owner's permission is Breaking and Entering and Trespassing. This guy is a BURGLAR! You need to talk to a lawyer and then sue the city for failing to protect your property and the lives of your children.

Rent a pit bull for one night. Have a "Warning - Mean Dog" sign ready to post by the door as soon as the intruder is sent on his way.

Throw a blanket party for your new friend. Be sure he wakes up somewhere else.

Document all instances of his violations and of your contacts with the police. Keep names, times, conversation details, etc. This could end up in court or on 20/20.

Ali said...

Yikes! How scary! I like all of your Dad's suggestions...that is just crazy that the cop wouldn't do anything?! I would be so frustrated. How does he get into your garage?

Kaela said...

How scary and depressing:( That is the last thing you want to have to deal with when you are finishing up your new home!!! Holly and your Dad seem to have really good information and ideas. I wish I did. It definitely sounds like a case of a lazy cop/ system gone wrong. I hope that guy moves away and you don't have any other problems like that. It is really unnerving to have sketchy neighbors. We did a short while back, but they got arrested and evicted. Ha!

The Muries said...

Wow I am surprised they didn't do more, although he might need to be caught in the act. I was told that if you are sitting in your living room or whatever and someone opens the door and comes in without your okay that that is trespassing and you could press charges. I was told that by a cop too. So interesting. I am going to think on this one and let you know.

Are You Serious! said...

♥ I'm glad the lady cop took care of it at least! SOunds like the other one was just being lazy and didn't want to do his job!!!