Friday, August 07, 2009

Our Craigslist table

Glen and I have really taken a liking to cherry wood. A couple months ago, Glen found this Pub Style Table and Chairs on ..you guessed it, Craigs list once again. What was even better was that it was only ten minutes away instead of 3 hours!
I love this higher up table and the color. I also love how the leaf is stored in the table so you don't have to store the leaf elsewhere. It does have some nicks, dings and scratches, but I guess that's why we got a good price on it. :) Old English has become my newest friend. :)
The sad thing about this table is that just yesturday, Ginger took good fall from the chair which resulted in an emergency room visit! :(
I'll post more about that later. anyway, I now have a booster seat strapped to the chair and I strap Ginger to the booster seat when she sits at the table.


Photobucket
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Ali said...

Oh no! Poor Ginger...sounds like she's ok though?! I have always liked that tall style too...I dream of having a table set like yours! You are finding some steals on craigslist! Congrats!

Holly said...

Oh, that table is really nice! I like that. It reminds me of the table Wendy has. I think hers might be a darker color. It is kind of fun to have the higher up table and chairs. I like sitting and letting my feet dangle above the ground. That makes me want to check out Craig's List when we start looking to buy stuff for our permanent home. You found a lot of cool things for a good price!
Maybe you can put a mattress under the table so the kids can fall and not get hurt. That is a bit more of a fall from those tall chairs!

Kaela said...

Beautiful table!! I love tall tables too! I hope Ginger is okay!!!

Rachel Berry said...

Another great purchase!! Love the table and congrats on baby #3!! Your going to have your hands full but it's a good full! :)

Carrissa Hellewell said...

Oh thats sad! I hope she is ok! Love the table though...I really enjoy those high tables as well!

Dave, Arielle, Grayson and Ashlynn said...

That is a gorgeous table- LOVE it!!!!

Are You Serious! said...

♥ Great table! I love all your deals from Craigs list! Sorry to hear about poor Ginger! I hope she's doing okay!

Elizabeth C said...

Your new table looks great! That sounds like ouchy for Ginger though. Hopefully she is okay. :)