So, here is the update.
I decided to call the "non-emergency" cops back and make a complaint. I talked to the Leuitenant and told him all that had happened. He was very kind and seemed to care about our situation. He said he would talk with the officer that took our report and find out what's going on. An hour or so later that same officer came back out to see us and apologized for miscommunicating . She said she had to hurry and wrap things up with us because she got another call to respond to but she was planning on following up with our situation. She said that she found the guy that has been trespassing and knows him because he's been in trouble before. However, she believes he is harmless because he is a little slow mentally. She told him to stay away from our property and gave us her card to call her in case anything else happens.
Glen and I feel much better about the situation and I'm really glad I called and complained.
4 comments:
Hooray! I hope you never have any more trouble!
I'm glad you have gotten some resolve! I hope that he stays away now and all will be well!!!
oh wow! Glad it wasn't anything too bad. And that the cop finally came to her senses...Thats silly and it seems rather dangerous to tell Glen to confront the guy himself...
♥ Oh my word! I can't believe someone was trespassing! That would freak me out too!
Post a Comment