We picked apples straight for 2 1/2 hours and then spent the last half hour packing them into the trailer and van. We picked over a 1,000 pounds of apples!!
After we all got packed in, we went to Rachel's mom's home for lunch where we had the best tacos and burritos!! They were SO good and so much appreciated. We were all dirty and tired from hauling apples from the farm to the truck so it was the best to have a home cooked meal ready for us. (Thankyou to Rachel's mom!)
These apples are SO good and make super good applesauce! They are so sweet you don't need to add sugar.
This is the Sauce Master! This made making applesauce so much easier and quicker than the last time I did it!! You just wash your apples, quarter them and boil them, then throw them in the white funnel at the top and crank'em through. It seeds it and skins for you and it doesn't make it too runny. I like it a little clumpy.


5 comments:
Wow! You did a lot of work! That's enough applesauce for the whole year and probably longer. (I still have applesauce from last fall and I didn't make that many jars.) That applesauce maker looks nice. It looks like it does a little bit chunkier than my friend's applesauce maker. I think that might be nice to have after all. Especially if you are making SO MUCH! I'm excited to try your applesauce and see how it tastes compared to mine. I added sugar and brown sugar--our apples weren't very sweet at all...more just sour or tart.
WOW! You are sure busy! There is something so beautiful about canned fruit.
1,000 pounds!!! No way! Aw, I haven't had a good, crisp apple in a LONG time. This makes my mouth water.
Wow, Summer, that is sooo much applesauce! Yum! Thank goodness for that applesauce maker. I'm sure that sped up the whole process by a ton. It's still a time consuming thing to can that much, though. Beautiful jars!
I made applesauce and SERIOUSLY took forever and I only got 5 quart jars... I want one of those awesome Suace Masters!!! That looks fabulous!
Post a Comment