It was hard to get started looking at all the beads to choose from and then figuring out how to make a necklace with them. Once I had a theme, then it was fun to arrange the beads and re-arrange until I liked it (or until it was just getting too late :) ).
So here is my very first necklace I've made. I also made matching earings to go with it.
I really like the earings. The necklace isn't a style I usually wear. All the necklaces I have are small and dainty...nothing big and bold like this one. :) The others there that night encouraged me to take a step out of my comfort zone and try something new. :) ( I guess big and bold is "in" right now) I wonder where else in my life I need to "try something new". Now that I think of it... am I one of those Friends that people have that they all wish they could enter me into a make-over talk show thing like they have on Oprah from time to time? I remember back in Bremerton, one of my friends told me I needed to get rid of all my striped shirts cause that's all I wore. She finally got me to go out shopping and get some new "flattering" clothes . hahahh Then she also showed me a different way of putting on make up. I guess I got stuck in a rut fashion-wise and she was growing old of my style. ahhahahahhahh I have to say I'm grateful to her for pointing that out to me. hahahahhahh
i've never been one to really enjoy shopping. I don't like spending the money and I hate trying on clothes. I would much rather have someone who knows what looks good together to just go shopping for me and have the right sizes already picked out for me. No in and out of changing rooms, standing in lines or trying to make decisions I'm not qualified for.
well, I guess I got off on a tangeant. so, back to my original post. There's the jewelery I made and I'm excited to make some more. :)

9 comments:
Super cute! Its ok Summer, I have always thought you were gorgeous! I wore my make up the same for almost 10 years, but then I had a friend throw a Mary Kay party and they taught me some new colors that were more flattering. Its nice to have friends who know about that kind of stuff!!
I like it, Summer! Very pretty! It is really fun to put things like that together. Choosing the beads makes me think of how it was hard to choose all those colored strips for our purses. It's exciting to see it all come together and look so nice.
Yeah, big and bold isn't really my style either, but that's what all the girls on campus are wearing. That, and big bold sunglasses too.
Haha, you're so funny. I feel the same way about hating clothes shopping. When I visited Mom last summer she made me try on shorts because mine were all old with holes. Haha! I didn't want to but she made me and then I was glad I got some new shorts without holes. Hahah! I don't think you're stuck in a fashion rut, but then again, maybe I am too so I don't know if you are! Hahah! I don't care though. I find that if I do things because other people tell me I should (stuff that's not my style) I end up still not liking it and wishing I'd just done it the way I want.
OH MY!! That is totally me, HATE shopping and have felt that my friends think the same of me!! Hilarious! WE have a lot in common!!!
PS I really like the jewelry!
Guess where you got your hatred of shopping for clothes! I think I spend an average of $50 a year on clothes. If you average out the last ten years.
Jewelry looks good.
You need to sit down and make a list of all the stuff you have learned to do in the past ten years! And then keep adding to it as you learn more stuff.
Very cute! Good job!!
LOVE the earings!!!! Great job! :)
Pretty!! The earrings are my favorite too! I must say I love to shop, but am well aware that I am still not really in style. My style is comfort and good fit. I love to bargain hunt and find deals on well made clothes that fit my long body and big feet that will stand the test of time. I remember when I was hanging out with you though I admired your simple style and followed suit- probably in hopes that I would look as good as you did in them, but alas I am not quite the natural beauty you are. You look great and whatever you like to wear and buy can be 'your style' even if it is not 'in style.' ....at least that is what I think:)
Post a Comment