Sunday, August 29, 2010

Holly's Visit

My sister Holly came to stay with me while her husband and Glen took the scouts down the river.  While here, she surprised me with a super yummy dark chocolate cake she made from scratch.  It was sooooo good...dangerously good.  She also made up a scavenger hunt for me where I had to look the clues up in the scriptures to find the next clue and gift.  That was fun!  I love having to look for presents!  I found a garlic press, bath and body lotion (my favorite!), coconut M&Ms, a workout shirt ( I needed another one!) and she brought this earing holder that she made for me and even spent the time going through all my earings that were in a jumbled up mess and hung them up nicely and we threw out the old tarnished ones.  THANKYOU HOLLY!!!    That was such a nice treat and thoughtful treat. 
She even prepared all of this when she was in the middle of trying to pack up her house and get things in order and ready to move out.What a nice sister I have.

WE also experimented with hairstyles.   We both LOVE British Romantic Dramas and we both want to learn how those girls did their hair in the movies.   If you want to see a good British Romantic Drama, you must see Northanger Abby!  That is our favorite!!!
We went hucklyberry picking and enjoyed the fresh mountain air and mini strawberries that taste like those pez candies. 
(Thanks for coming Holly.  It was nice to have your companionship while Glen was away)  :)


Photobucket
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Wendy Jean said...

Pretty hair! My hair is almost long enough to do those fancy braids and up-do's. :) That was nice of Holly to do those different gifts. I love my earring holder from Holly!

Holly said...

That was really fun! I'm glad that we could come and spend the time with you. It was a nice little break from the storage job, and I had a lot of fun planning your birthday stuff! I'm excited to come again next month!

Granma Faye said...

Holly did a great job helping you celebrate your birthday. She's such a good cake baker! Yum--love that dark chocolate. The earring holder is nice. Sure helps you see what you've got. All great pictures, Summer. Thanks for posting them. It looks so pretty out where you're picking huckleberries. I LOVE being out like that. So green and pretty. I'm glad the kiddos can have those experiences with you and learn to appreciate nature.

Ali said...

Sounds like a fun trip. You and I have matching earring holders now:) That was so sweet of Holly! She is so thoughtful. Huckleberry picking sounds awesome!

Kaela said...

How FUN!!!! I love all of your hairstyles!! They look hard to do- I am impressed!!! Holly was so thoughtful to think of all that and do all that. Sounds like a dream sister get-together:) Happy belated birthday too!!!!