I was so delighted when Kaela e-mailed to say she would be passing through on her way to her family. I hadn't seen her since Ginger was born. Kaela is my childhood friend and one of the best people you could ever meet. I love her family and wish we lived closer.
She truly inspires me. Everytime we've gotten together, I learn something from her and I feel uplifted and want to be a better person.
She is good at whatever she puts her mind to. She has an amazing talent in graphic arts but also as a mom, to name a few.
Just during this short visit, I saw how she is so good at being so sweet with her kids but at the same time, she doesn't allow them to get away with anything. As challenging as kids can be, I feel that is an amazing feat and one that I struggle with. I think parents often confuse having patience with discipline. Kaela is a model parent. If only she was my neighbor, I could improve on my characteristical (if that's even a word) weaknesses ten times faster and qualify as celestial material alot sooner!
My new goal is to work on being sweeter to my kids but have effective discipline...I have a feeling I will be working on this for the rest of my life!
( Kaela was giving me some hair styling tips for Jack) :) I think I prefer the innocent baby boy look for now. :) hahah
Thanks so much for staying with us! We miss you already.



6 comments:
Kaela is so pretty and special. It's like you were visited by a celebrity. I'm glad you could visit.
That Kaden - he's a mover! Got his arm around Ginger. Taking her on a romantic horsie ride. Who's been teaching him this stuff?
It would be so fun if those two did get married and you had these photos for the invitation and reception slide show. Who knows!
How fun! I'm glad you could get together with Kaela again. Wish I was there to enjoy her company, too! I miss the Thatcher family!
Oh, so fun to see your pictures and to see Kaela at your house. She's a darling and I just know you loved every minute you had with her and her little ones. I'm impressed with Prince Kaden and Princess Ginger. What a cute couple. You'll have to be sure they get to see each other frequently over the next few years. Maybe something can be arranged. (?)
:)
Yeah, all the Thatchers are such nice pretty people because they just seem to radiate goodness. That would be fun if those kiddie winkers got together later in life. =) It would be just like Sleeping Beauty! Hehehe! You should have Ginger sleep in a tower and have Kaden come rescue her when he gets off his mission. Hehehhe!
I'm so glad you guys could get together! That story of Princess Ginger and Prince Kaden had us laughing all week- too CUTE! It's funny all that you say about Kaela cause she says the same about you...she left feeling renewed and inspired as well and was SO glad she could come :) Great pictures!!
*sniff, sniff* Thank you for this SWEEEET post Summer!! (Thank to everyone who made sweet comments too!!) As Ali also said- I was soooooo inspired by YOU. I can only hope to be related to you officially someday:) Miss you!!!!!
Post a Comment