Wednesday, September 29, 2010

No more canning!

Glen helped me finish up the canning this past saturday. 60 quarts of pears took me three days! We all love pears but they are alot more work!
I also made Pluot jam. It's like plum jam but even better! I've only made freezer jam before so I was very excited at how thick this stuff came out. It passes the blizzard test. I can tip the jar upside down and that stuff doesn't budge! This is my absolute favorite jam!! I thought plum was but now it's Pluot!
I had to post this cute little cantelope we got from our garden. isn't it so cute! It's Ginger size.
Here's my pantry. I had to show this off since I finally got around to organizing it.


Photobucket
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Holly said...

Yeah! You finally got those pears! I was beginning to wonder about that. I was hoping you would put a picture of a pluot in that post because I don't know what it is. Maybe I will just google it.

Anonymous said...

I see cookies! Save one for me!

Angela said...

I'm so glad everything was okay after that fire. How scary!! Love the picture of your babies playing together! So adorable! And great job on all the canning!

Kaela said...

Wow!! And YUM. Plum jam (or pluot- how is it different than plum... is it a different fruit entirely?) sounds delicious. I don't think I have ever had it! I will have to find a way to try some or maybe make some some day. Those jars look so beautiful! All that hard work!! And what a cute little canteloupe:) Nice looking pantry too- keep up the good work!! Do I say that a lot on here? ;)

Linda said...

The canned fruits look really good!
What a sense of accomplishment it is when you can see the many quarts of food that you have preserved for the following months.
Good for you Summer, you are doing such a great job of being a wife, a mother, and a homemaker.
I well remember those busy years of babies and canning and all the other hundreds of things that had to be accomplished to keep a household running smoothly.
Love you and your wonderful family just bushels.
Aunt Linda

Wendy Jean said...

Wow - that is so many cans of pears! They will be so good to open up later. Good job - I don't know how you got all that done with your kadiddles running around you!

Are You Serious! said...

That cantalope is awesome! I miss LaGrande soil! Our soil here is horrible! Our garden is horrible... I'm hoping next year will be better!