Tuesday, October 26, 2010

So I married a contractor . . .

(this is one of my favorite pictures of Glen... doesn't it look like a 'jeans' advertisement)
Anyway, Lately I've noticed that with Glen's job, he doesn't go to work from 9-5 , it's more like 7-7 and his job description has seemed to change over the years which could possible explain the long hours. We've been advertising CHandler Manufacturing Inc. as "builds custom homes, remodels, home repairs etc" Well, now I'm thinking it should say something more like,
"Chandler Manufacturing Inc., -call us and we'll do the job. . . we have experience in chasing down theifs (literally, this indian guy ran off with a customers four wheeler and unknowingly drove right down my father-in-laws long drive way and that's how He got involved ...) burying horses (the first year we lived here, Glen and his brothers got roped into burying their neighbors horse), chasing down horses (just the other day a customer called Glen and his brother to go fetch his horses that escaped the fence), counselor (there are days that Glen comes home telling me how he didn't get as much work done as he had hoped because so and so called up with a question and then ended up telling him about their current family delima and all the problems they're dealing with their kids etc. ) piano mover (I think Glen and his brothers have moved so many pianos in the past year that they've earned the title "Contractor/Piano mover"),wood chopper(helping customers get their winter supply of wood), making
scout tool boxes, wedding stands and decor .....I could go on, but I think you get the idea.

Aside from all the odd ball things that come up each week, they really do build homes and do remodels etc., . . . I just didn't think the public would take the "etc." part so literally.
)
now, after all that, I am very happy that I married this wonderful guy. Sometimes I complain that I hardly see him, but at least it's because he's helping others and not at a bar. And He does try his best to balance things out and make time for me and the kids.
A few weekends ago we went to Wallowa to celebrate our 5th anniversary. We took our bikes and went on a beautiful bike ride admiring the fall leaves. It was so nice to be able to slow down enough and escape the weekly/daily service projects, work and whatever else to just be together and dream about the future, laugh about the past and enjoy the present together.




Photobucket
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Holly said...

Haha, that's funny about catching a thief and burying horses...I guess it's good that they can be helpful and have work to do. That's nice you could get away and have a nice bike ride together too. I love being outside and admiring the pretty fall colors this time of year. Just outside our windows are several small trees with all the colors of fall.

Granma Faye said...

Pretty fall colors in that one picture. I love it. I'm so glad you got to spend some time outdoors ... and on a nice sunny day, too. Beautiful. It's so good to be out and feel that renewal of spirit that comes with being in nature and enjoying the beauty surrounding you. And, being with your Honey, too, of course.

Ali said...

Whoa, that is quite the variety of job experience! It's HARD not seeing the hubs much during the week, and I can only imagine how much harder it is having THREE...but you're right- we've got to count our blessings! I just have a hard time not getting a little jealous when I see my friend's husbands home at 5:30/6. I can't think of that though! Obviously I'm not alone!

Kaela said...

Way to keep a good attitude. You guys will be blessed!! Hopefully when you need help people can return the favor, as well as I'm sure all of your service helps bring in more business... not to mention the blessings you will have in heaven:) Love those last two pictures- so pretty!!