I drew up these little characters last night and laminated them and hot glue gunned them to popsickle sticks.
Ginger is the Mermaid. Gretchen is the baby Seahorse. Jack is the turtle (my favorite). I'm the octopus and Glen is the Friendly StingRay.
Each week we'll rotate the characters by sliding them in different slots that I cut into the fabric. I wrote everyone's name on their stick.
I had Glen cut out a 16 by 20 inch board and then bought the felt, seaweed and other fishy stickers at Walfart.


6 comments:
Oh, I was close! I just guessed wrong for you and Ginger. That's cute to have Ginger be the mermaid. I bet she likes that a lot. =)
What a clever idea!
I have enjoyed looking at all of your postings.
It is such a nice way for family to keep up with each other.
Very cute, Summer! Great job on drawing all those little creatures. I was pretty close on guessing who's who. I really thought you'd be the turtle, given your history of loving the little guys so much. But, yeah, the turtle is a good fit for Jack and the little sea horse is cute for Gretchen. I hope the kids remember this cool board the way you remembered us having one. Good start on your goals! Yay!
How have I not realized you were such an artist/cartoonist?! Your new header is AWESOME and I'm so impressed with all your characters! Oh, how I wish I had that kind of imagination!
Nice job on the FHE board, Summer. Brings back memories!
I skimmed right passed your header to see the latest. Glad you mentioned it in your post. I love your FHE board. I guess it's not too late for me to do one still.?? What theme - maybe texan? I'm not sure anyone will WANT to be a scorpion, cactus, or roadkill. ha ha ha!
Post a Comment