Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Getting ready for Easter

I wanted to continue the tradition my parents had for us kids at Easter. We each had our own easter bunny basket my mom made and she would fill them and hide them and we would play the "hot and cold" game looking for them. This year I decided to make some for my kids. I didn't have a pattern so I just drew one up using my basket that my mom made as a reference. Hers of course is lots better, but I'm happy with the way these are turning out. The first one took me 2 hours to make. The 5th one I made today took me just 40 minutes. It's a pretty simple pattern.

I thought it would be fun to draw on eyelids and eyelashes for my bunnies with a sharpie.

I'm excited to fill them up and hide them. thanks Wendy for finding the green and blue fabric for me so quickly!




Photobucket
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Wendy Jean said...

Your bunnies turned out so cute! I like the eyelids and lashes. I thought you bought them that way.

Holly said...

Those bunny baskets turned out really good! And you got fast at making them! Fun! I want to make some bunny baskets too! I think it would be fun to pick out the material and match the outside color with the inside colors. That blue is just perfect. We didn't have anything like that at our fabric store.

Granma Faye said...

What cute baskets, Summer! They're darling and I love that you drew eyelids and lashes on them. Like Wendy, I thought the eyes came that way! Looks really good. I'm sure the kids will love them.

Ali said...

Those are ADORABLE. so so sweet. I love the way you dolled up the eyes!

Kaela said...

Loove the baskets!!! And you made them up based on a memory?! You continue to amaze me- soooo CUTE!!

Carrissa Hellewell said...

Sooo cute!! I love the baskets.