Monday, October 10, 2011

canning

Instead of canning peaches and pears this year, I thought I would try something new. Bread and Butter Pickles! It was my first time making these and thanks to some tips from youtube, these pickles turned out so good and they are actually crunchy! Glen loves them.

I also canned a bunch of green beans. Wendy helped pick and can them when she was here visiting. It was fun working together. These beans are so good!!!!! I already love green beans. I didn't know they could get any better! Home canned are the best. I love using spray butter and salt on them. yum! I would be happy eating a whole jar for dinner.

I've been baking and cooking and trying to be better at planning nicer meals. Home made French bread (from sisters cafe) is so good especially with nutella! This recipe is actually pretty simple and the bread turns out looking like it came from the store. Fun

Peanut butter cookies with mini reeses in them. yum! I am having fun baking and taking pictures of my baked goods...or should I say, unbaked goods.


Photobucket
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Wendy Jean said...

Your french bread looks professional! How fun! I'm glad I could pick and can the beans with you. That was fun to do together.

Granma Faye said...

Wow, busy, busy, busy! You're makin' me tired! All that stuff looks really good, Summer. You're pregnant...where in the world are you getting all your energy?!!

Can I take a big bite outta that bread? It looks so good. Does Glen know how good he's got it?

Kaela said...

Yum-o!! I've been trying to kick my cooking up a notch too. The Fall weather helps me too! Oh yea- and my fruit trees that produced all that fruit needed to be taken care of. Last year we made 'dilly beans' - they're like pickled green beans and we thought they were actually really good! Those cookies look oh-so-good and your french bread is beauuuuuuutiful!!!!!!!