Saturday, October 29, 2011

halloween festivites

Halloween is a big holiday for us. We love it! It's been a busy day for us. I started the morning with a fun little food craft for the kids to do. They made spider cookies. I was actually very surprised that they didn't just start gobbling up the treats. Maybe it helped that I introduced it as body parts of the spider instead of calling it by it's real name. I called the frosting "glue" to glue the eyes (m&ms) on etc.

After the food craft, we had our halloween lunch and then went to a primary halloween party. Jack is a tiny ninja, Ginger is a angel and Gretchen is a little garden gnome. I could not get a good picture of Gretchen for the life of me. I think she was so excited once I put her costume on she was just on the go!

After the primary party we went to the pumpkin patch to run through the hay maze and go for a hay ride. After that we went home for some dinner and then back out to the trunk or treat at the church. whewf! I feel like I packed a weeks worth of activities into one day! Tomorrow we'll make finger puppets and caramel apples and then monday we'll go downtown for trick or treating.






Photobucket
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Wendy Jean said...

Gretchen looks super cute as the gnome!! I wanna hug her! Your dinner looks so fun! I was just trying to figure out what to have for our Halloween dinner tomorrow. I'm glad you put up pictures. I love to see them!

Anonymous said...

Rick Wilson would be proud, Summer. His favorite holiday is Halloween. I'm going to send him some pictures. Your kids are so lucky to have such a fun and imaginative mom who is willing to do all the work to make life fun and interesting. I especially like the dutch oven cauldron!

Linda said...

What cute pics of your family. Clever ideas, Summer. Very imaginative..

Holly said...

Did you find that spider cookies thing on the Sister's Blog? I thought about making those, but I decided to stick with my usual pumpkin shaped sugar cookies. Ginger looks very pretty as an angel. Did you make Gretchen's costume? That is a cute idea.

Ali said...

Such cute costumes...I'm so in love with Gretchen as a gnome! Too cute!

Ali said...

Such cute costumes...I'm so in love with Gretchen as a gnome! Too cute!