Saturday, October 29, 2011

Halloween meal

I've been inspired by the SisterCafe Recipe Blog. I want to put more effort into the bigger holidays by making holiday themed meals. I got all my ideas for this meal from the sisters cafe blog.



We put dry ice in the rootbeer and the kids loved it! It's makes it so much more fun.

I made bones and blood, spider eggs and bat wings. I also made an apple cake that turned out pretty good. Ginger was having a hard time trying to understand why I was calling everything such "ewey" names. The kids were getting confused and didn't know if it really was bones and blood or bat wings. They are probably a little young for this type of thing, but they'll catch on if I make a tradition of it. :)


Photobucket
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Duh - see comment on previous post.

Holly said...

Yeah--I saw all those things on the sister's blog too! That's fun that you made them all. And funny the kids didn't know if it was real or not. I'm sure they'll remember next year and catch on.

Elizabeth C said...

So so fun! Those are really creative! I loved the dry ice! Such fun ideas!