Wednesday, November 23, 2011

our thanksgiving

I made us a thanksgiving dinner on sunday. We're getting together with all the extended family on thanksgiving so we'll get it twice.
I did a crock pot chicken instead of a turkey because we are providing the turkey to the "big" dinner.





yum! i love displaying all the food on the island.
As we ate dinner we took turns sharing what we were thankful for. Jack started. He said he was thankful for God. Then Ginger said she was thankful for Jesus and his sheep. I said I was thankful for my family and that I could be home with them and take care of them and thankful for Glen and how much he does for us. Then when Glen talked about what he was thankful for, we realized we lost the kids attention. He finished what he was saying and then we both laughed and said, "well, maybe next year it will go better." hahah sometimes we forget to keep things short and sweet and to the point. hahah




Photobucket
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Granma Faye said...

Beautiful lay-out of food, Summer. It looks so scrumptious. That's funny about the kids losing interest in what the adults are thankful for. Yeah, gotta keep it short! : )

Ali said...

Yum. De-licious. Happy Thanksgiving!

Kaela said...

So yummy!!! And all that work you did yourself!! And you got to enjoy another Thanksgiving later in the week?! Woohoo!!

Anonymous said...

With all that beautiful food, no wonder the kids lost attention to the blabbing. Those rolls are quite the work of art! Yums!