Wednesday, November 23, 2011

trying to be a better mom

I've been really enjoying the kids and am so glad i get to be home with them. Ginger is supposed to start school next fall and I'm really debating on whether to homeschool or not. i found this great blog, "confessions of a homeschooler" which I just love. I really look up to this lady. The more i read about her and what she does, the more i feel like i want to homeschool or at least do preschool seriously...more than what i have been doing anyway. She truley inspires me. Her blog is a great resource for craft ideas and all kinds of things. Here are some of the things we've done.
Handprint Trees, paper plate turkeys, playing with beans and rice in the tub (which kept these two busy for over an hour!!), glueing beans to paper, color over leaves etc. I want to do more crafts with the kids and activities instead of letting them just "play" all day.

One other thing i did was take our nesquick container and cut a hole in the lid and let Gretchen drop glue sticks in it. She loves it and plays with it for a long time. Jack likes it too. I think they like the thunking noise it makes.

One of the days we went and collected leaves. we later found a ladybug on our bad. I immediatly thought of what my sister wendy would do in this situation. she would take a million pictures of the bug and put it in a jar and let the kids look at it. so I did that! :) they loved it. they took turns back and forth examining the bug.




Photobucket
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Granma Faye said...

What fun activities and what fun pictures! It's good you're feeding the artistic/creative part of your personality. I'm sure the kids LOVE it and you obviously do, too. That brings rewards and joy to your days. I, too, am glad you can be home with the kiddos. Home school is not a bad idea. I like that you can completely control what the kids learn.

Ali said...

Aaww, I love their little fingerprint trees. From what I see in other families, I think homeschooling works best in families with lots of kids close in age, and that's just what you have! I can totally see you having success in it- the trick would be finding the time to plan it all, but you are super woman, so maybe that wouldn't be tricky at all:)

Kaela said...

Trying to be a better mom?! Is that possible?!?! Those activities all look like so much fun!!! I want to join in on all those fun activities and projects!! Love that pouty face picture of Gretchen:)