Thursday, December 01, 2011

Magnit kids

Here is one of the projects I got done this week. Magnit dolls for the kids. I originally wanted to do this to go along with our Calendar/ Weather time in the morning. I thought it would help the kids learn what's appropriate to wear for different seasons so I don't have to fight them on it or tell them what to wear. After we discuss the weather outside then they get to dress their doll according to the weather. The kids love this! They want me to make more clothes. Today I thought it would be fun to make more faces for them so we could also talk about our feelings and help them become more aware of how they make others feel.

It worked today. Ginger was teasing Gretchen and made her cry so I took Ginger to the fridge and stuck her naughty face on her doll and asked her if this was how she was feeling and if she wanted to feel that way. ( I think it made her feel dumb to see her naughty face ahahahh) Then I stuck Gretchens sad face on her doll and asked Ginger if she liked making Gretchen feel that way. Ginger felt bad and wanted to go make Gretchen happy so she could take the sad face off Gretchens doll. :)










Photobucket
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Granma Faye said...

Lots of fun stuff, Summer! But the magnetic dolls is just the coolest. Such a great idea. Funny, too, how it allowed Ginger to get outside of herself enough to get some perspective. Kids love the hands-on stuff, don't they? And it's all the more fun with their own faces on the dolls. I'm so glad you posted pictures!

Ali said...

I'm am so inspired by you! I love the emotion faces and magnet dolls idea!! I'm totally copying this post and saving it for future reference. I SO need to do this! Thanks for sharing all your ideas.

Wendy Jean said...

I love the dolls! How cute and fun! I should make that for my kids - even Max. Zach and Hunter would have a ball!

Anonymous said...

You are a genius, Summer. A never-ending fountain of simple but brilliant ideas. You need to assemble a book for mothers.

Kaela said...

I love this idea!! Brilliant!!!