Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Book of Mormon Historic Publication Site




 everything in this room was restored except the flooring. Its so cool to think Joseph walked on these very floors so long ago!


 I liked this room the best. To see the original ink splatters and all the equipment. To just stand and absorb everything and to think that many hours were spent in this room hard at work. Truly amazing!
 Notice the ink splatters on the walls and floor.

 These were used to transfer the ink.



 After the ink dried then the papers went to this room to be cut and sewn into a book.


Photobucket

4 comments:

Kaela said...

Oooh thank you for sharing!! I looove printing presses! They have a mini one in Provo that I visited when I was in college and loved.

Granma Faye said...

How very interesting. What a cool thing that you could visit and learn the history of that process. Thanks for including all the pictures. Wow.

Elizabeth C said...

I LOVE that you guys are getting to see all of the church historical sites! So Neat!!

Holly said...

We got to see some of those same things when Wendy and the kids went through Utah. We stopped at "This is the Place" park and saw lots of pioneer stuff. That's cool.