I thought it would be fun to get this little kit for Ginger to help her learn about rocks and minerals and what geologists do.
She worked at at for a long time and then got tired. So I worked on it and then let Jack and Gretchen have a go. no rocks were found. so we all took turns again and then finally a rock was spotted.
Eleven total. A poster came with the kit that gave tips on how to identify the rocks and test their hardness. Ginger loved this activity. The rocks were quite smaller than I expected, but Ginger was not disappointed one bit.
2 comments:
What a very cool project! Nice!
We have a real discovery with a dig in the Seattle area. A huge tusk from an ice age mammoth was found a couple of days ago. Pretty exciting and interesting.
Awesome!! I'm going to have to add this to my list of things to do with my kiddos too :) I love activities like this that take longer for them to do, keep them completely engaged and teach them something too!
Post a Comment