Saturday, February 09, 2008

Shadow Box

This is a shadow box my mom made for my grandma. She has it hanging right outside my grandma's door in her assisted living home. I thought it was such a neat idea, I had to post it. My mom said that she wished she had kept things from when us kids were small so she could put them in a shadow box and make one for each of us girls. Maybe one day you would like to make one for your kids or make a wedding one. I would love to see one made by Melissa or Rachael (with all that scrap book talent!).

6 comments:

Rachel Berry said...

A few years back I actually was thinking about doing some of these. Just never got around to it. I think they would be fun! Thanks for the reminder.

:)Rachel

Granma Faye said...

This was so fun to make! I had a good time with it and, like Summer said, I wish I had the memorabilia from her toddler days to make one for her, Wendy, and Holly. It's a nice way to preserve special items and it keeps them out where you can see them instead of packed away in a box where they're forgotten. In this case, I tried to choose items that accurately reflect some of the most important facets of my mother's life. There was so much more I could have put inside but I realized it was critical to know when to stop trying to fill the space. A wedding shadow box would be wonderful! ♥

Are You Serious! said...

I love it! My mom made one for my dad of his growning up years.

My mom has recipe cards just like that one in the box! :)

Holly said...

That's cool. I'm glad you put that up. Mom told me about it, but I hadn't actually seen any pictures. That would be fun to make one. I like those kinds of projects!

Gail said...

I made one of those for David of his Navy years - it didn't turn out to bad. I got the idea from Stephanie Smith in our ward - she did some for her family. Maybe I'll post it...

Linemoren said...

Thank you for your posting, and the picture. I have been wanting to make one as a birthday present for my mom for a looong time, but having lacked the "knowledge" how to do so... I stumbled across your blogg as I was searching for inspirations/ideas, hope you don't mind my comment :) Thanks again, god bless...
Lina Berentsen