Friday, August 22, 2008

Ginger's sleeper/bag


The last time we went camping, Ginger kicked off all her blankets and by morning her little leggies were frozen. So, we decided we wouldn't go camping until we had something or I made something to keep her warm. A regular sleeping bag doesn't work because she just works her way out of it, so I found a pattern and modified it so it would be big enough for her to use for a while.

I love this fabric! so cute, bright and fun! And it's the origianl strawberry shortcake, not the new modern straw hat and pants girl. This is a zoom up of the hearts I sewed in. It was the first time to use this feature on my sewing machine. I thought it turned out cute!
I slowly getting better at sewing zippers. The first side I did, was to far from the zipper, the the other side was alot closer.
I made up a piece to sew on the bottom to close the end up so she can't kick it up to kick off the other blankets.

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Angela said...

That is so dang cute! Good job! I am such a sucker for Strawberry Shortcake and Care Bears too!! :)

Carrissa Hellewell said...

What a great idea Summer! I remember those from when Shanna was a baby, but I never thought of what I would do if we went camping! And you did an excellent job, and I absolutely LOVE the fabric, Shanna has a blanket with that fabric :)

Are You Serious! said...

♥ So cute! I love that fabric! It took me FOREVER to get the zipper down... I still have issues with consistency getting them on! :)

Ali said...

That's such a great idea! She looks adorable in it...and it's so functional! You are so inventive.

Kaela said...

Oh my! She is adorable!! I think we need to get her and Kaden together SOON- they would be so cute in little pictures together with their big blue eyes and blonde hair! Honestly, I'm sure Kaden wouldn't mind waiting for HER... I will just try to raise him to be WORTHY of her!!! Those pajamas are the CUTEST! Strawberry Shortcake was my favorite!!

The Muries said...

That is way cute. Good Job!!!

Holly said...

That's pretty cute! Looks like you did a good job. At first I thought those hearts were just a ribbon with hearts and you sewed that on. I thought it was cool you did that with your machine! It looks professional!