Sunday, August 08, 2010

Planter boxes

Glen made these nice planter boxes saturday.  It felt like super saturday to me.  he cut the pieces, I stained them and then we assembled and mounted them.  It was fun to go to Walfart and pick out flowers for them. 

Sunday afternoon.  ...we LOVE our backyard.   The kids were dancing to Glen playing the guitar.
Saturday  night.  We were going to go camping this weekend but since Glen got a second degree burn, we settled for staying home and in the shade.  We roasted marshmellows over the fire.    Did I already say that we LOVe our backyard!


Photobucket
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Holly said...

Those planter boxes are so nice! I love having flowers right outside the window like that! The lawn is nice too. It looks so soft and good for playing on and going barefoot. How in the world did Glen burn his shins? I can't think of what would burn him like that....it doesn't really look like a sun burn. I hope that gets better before his raft trip!

Anonymous said...

Your back yard is beautiful! I want one!

I see Ginger is sitting in the pink chair. How did you end up with one pink chair, anyway. lol

Granma Faye said...

Everything is so nice. I LOVE the planter boxes and pretty flowers. Makes the front of the house look really nice. Pretty grass, too! Such a comfortable and private back yard. I like your fire pit. Perfect for summer evenings. Dad's right. You really have done alot in a short time!

Wendy Jean said...

Your yard looks wonderful! Good job you guys! I like the planter boxes with flowers - pretty pretty.

Ali said...

I LOVE your yard too! I think I'd spend plenty of time in that hammock of I lived there :)